NOTICE: The Library's FAQ is not currently updated with information affected by the COVID-19 University Closing. Please view the page below for specific information during this time.
Answered By: Michelle Reyes Last Updated: Sep 05, 2019 Views: 786
You do not need to create an Ebook Central account or download Adobe Digital Editions to simply read the ebook online in your browser. Click on "Read Online" instead of "Full Download." You can also download individual chapters as PDFs. If you want to download an entire ebook, see instructions below.
If you want to download an entire ebook onto your computer instead of reading it online in your browser, you will need Adobe Digital Editions, a free software program.
You can read and annotate downloaded ebooks offline on your computer, and transfer them to supported devices. Downloaded ebooks will remain in your Adobe Digital Editions account for 7-14 days depending on the licensing agreement:
7 days for single-user-only documents, if the library has chosen to allow this
14 days for multi-user documents; all subscription documents are multi-user
If it’s your first time downloading a document onto your computer via Adobe Digital Editions:
I. We recommend setting up Adobe Digital Editions on your computer before you start downloading from Ebook Central, see: https://proquest.libguides.com/ebookcentral/download
II. Or you can do all the steps together:
- From your computer, go to your Ebook Central site.
- If you aren’t already, sign in to your personal Ebook Central account.
That is, click the “Sign In” button at the top right and sign in. If you don’t already have a personal Ebook Central account, click "Sign In," and follow instructions to create an account.
- Find the book you want to download
- Click the “Download” button in list mode or while viewing the document.
- Select option to “Download the entire document." Click OK.
- Number of days ebook will be readable is displayed. Click “Download.“
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions at this point.
- Once Adobe Digital Editions is installed, choose Open with Adobe Digital Editions
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Adobe account; if you don’t already have one, click the button to create one.
Limitations on full-document downloading:
- Loaned titles (as part of our PDA program) cannot be full-document downloaded.
- Some publishers prohibit full-document downloading of their documents.