Answered By: Missy Williams Last Updated: Mar 24, 2021 Views: 35
Delaware Libraries is pleased to offer Chromebook lending services to library patrons.
• Chromebooks may be checked out by a patron 18 years old or older with a Delaware public library card in good standing (i.e. library card is not blocked due to unpaid fines or lost material).
• Chromebooks are available for 1 week (7 days) with 3 renewals if no other holds exist.
• Patrons should have a basic working knowledge of the device on checkout.
• Patrons are responsible to save any data created, edited, downloaded, etc, on the Chromebook.
• Any changes in condition or content while in the patron’s care will be the patron’s responsibility.
• Chromebooks must be returned in person to the library from which it was picked up.
• The return of Chromebooks must be arranged with a library staff person.
• Do not leave the device at the Circulation Desk or Reference Desk if there is no staff person present.
• Please do not place Chromebooks in the book drop.
• Devices returned in the book drop may result in being banned from borrowing all devices.
• Three (3) late returns for any device checkout may result in being banned from borrowing all devices.
The patron is responsible for damage, loss, or theft. Chromebook Replacement costs is $300.00 The patron is expected to report loss of or damage to the Chromebook.
Have other questions? Please contact Ask a Librarian Delaware for assistance and use the keyword Chromebook in your message and scroll down to choose "Other Library" for priority service and response within 24 hours (times vary during weekends and holidays).