Answered By: Khalil El-Bathy Last Updated: Apr 16, 2019 Views: 6008
Birth certificate copies can be obtained in the State of Delaware through the Delaware Office of Vital Statistics. Copies can acquired in a number of different ways:
- in person at one of three locations
- via written request to the Office of Vital Statistics located in the Jesse S. Cooper Building in Dover
- online through the VitalChek Network Delaware webpage
- via telephone by calling 1-877-888-0248
A copy of the application is available online at the website for the Department of Public Health. The cost is $25, and checks should be made payable to the Office of Vital Statistics. You will also need to present a valid photo ID.
- My husband used Vitalchek.com. They took his money and his application and never communicated with us after that. We emailed them to complain and the money was returned but no communication whatsoever. We never did get the birth certificate.
- Hello Mrs. Burke-Thank you for your feedback regarding Vitalchek.com. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with them was unsatisfactory. The information we provide through Ask a Librarian Delaware services are simply to do just that: provide information. We do not endorse organizations. We do appreciate hearing from patrons regarding their experiences with outside organizations.
Thank you, again!